What Medicare-covered items does Arriva Medical provide? (click for answer)
If you have Medicare Part B (non-HMO), you are eligible for the following supplies from Arriva Medical (co-payments and deductibles apply):
Diabetes Testing Supplies
- Blood glucose meters and meter batteries
- Test strips
- Lancing devices and lancets
- Control solution
- Orthopedic braces for back, knee, ankle and wrist!
- Heating pads with adjustable temperature
- Full service pharmacy for prescription medications
- Diabetic shoes (in select markets only)
- Insulin Pumps and supplies
When will Medicare cover additional test strips and lancets? (click for answer)
- If the patient's physician has seen the patient within the last 6 months and has evaluated their diabetes control.
- When the physician has documented in the patient's record the specific reason for the additional strips and lancets for that particular patient.
- When the patient's physician provides a written order for the frequency of testing that is greater than established utilization limits.
What is my Medicare yearly deductible? (click for answer)
Medicare covers diabetic testing supplies at 80% of their fee schedule after your annual deductible is met.
Supplemental insurance to Medicare usually pays for the 20% co-pay, and in some cases covers your annual deductible also.
How much will I pay for my diabetes testing supplies? What portion is covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or Private Health Insurance Provider? (click for answer)
Insurance coverage can vary based on your plan and the state in which you live. Coverage amounts will also vary based on whether or not you have met your annual deductible. For qualified Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare will generally cover 80% of the cost of your supplies. If you have secondary or supplemental insurance policies it may cover the remaining 20%. However, you will be responsible for any portion that is not covered by your insurance policies.
How can I return a shipment? (click for answer)
To return a shipment you received from Arriva Medical, please call: 1-800-700-4442:
We will gladly accept returned merchandise and provide a full refund or credit if the returned merchandise meets the following important criteria:
1. Merchandise must be returned within 30 days of the original shipping date;
2. Merchandise must be returned unopened in the original manufacturer packaging in a re-sellable condition (includes condition of packaging and expiration dates) and include all accessories, manuals, brochures and manufacturer documentation.
3. Patient must contact Arriva Medical and receive a Return Authorization prior to returning the merchandise.
4. Patient must ship the merchandise back to Arriva Medical once a Return Authorization is issued.
Note: Please contact our Customer Service Department if you feel that you received a defective product or if there was a shipping error. Missing product(s) will be shipped to the patient at no additional charge.
When can I expect my refund from my return? (click for answer)
Arriva Medical will process your return upon receipt of the products and provide you confirmation of your return upon processing. If Arriva Medical has been paid for an order that you returned, we will refund all monies due to your insurance usually within 60 days.
How can I contact Arriva Medical If I have a question or concern? (click for answer)
We want to hear from you. If you have questions, would like additional information, use our online contact form, or please call our Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-700-4442.
Will you share my personal information? (click for answer)
Do I need to fill out my own claim forms? (click for answer)
No, Arriva Medical files all Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance plan claims and handles most of the paperwork for you. Because we are one of the nation’s largest, contracted Medicare providers of diabetic supplies, our staff is experienced, knowledgeable, and is here to help you.
What are Alternate Site Testing Meters? (click for answer)
Alternate Site Testing or AST Meters are blood glucose meters that allows a blood sample to be taken from palms or forearms as well as the fingertips for testing blood sugar levels as part of your self-monitoring blood glucose (SMBG) diabetes management program. This can be used as an alternative to testing on the fingertips or finger pricking. Make sure to check with your doctor and glucose meter owner’s manual before using alternate testing sites.
Do I have to sign a contract? How can I cancel my membership? (click for answer)
There is no contract to sign and you may cancel your membership with us at any time.
How do I reorder my supplies? (click for answer)
Arriva Medical makes it easy. As a member of Arriva Medical you can reorder by phone, online or by email.
Does Arriva provide test logs? (click for answer)
We provide a test log in your initial shipment paperwork packet. We also provide blood glucose test logs online.
Where does Arriva Medical ship supplies? (click for answer)
We ship to the U.S. and its territories.
What other products/services do you offer? (click for answer)
Arriva Medical offers the latest blood glucose meters, meter batteries, test strips, lancets and lancing devices, and control solution.
In addition, we also offer a variety of off-the-shelf braces including back, wrist, ankle, knee and others as well as heating pads, and mail-order pharmacy services.
Who's eligible? (click to answer)
Arriva Medical is proud to accept most major commercial insurance carriers including many Medicare Advantage plans. If you are diabetic, and would like to enroll to receive testing supplies to monitor your blood glucose at home, give us a call 1-800-580-1871.
Can Arriva Medical provide to Medicare beneficiaries?
Yes. Arriva Medical is proud to be one of only 18 Medicare-approved providers contracted to distribute mail-order diabetic testing supplies to Medicare beneficiaries at lower, competitively bid prices beginning July 1, 2013. To learn more about the program, visit Medicare’s website at http://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/part-b/durable-medical-equipment-bidding.html
How does the program work? (click for answer)
Arriva Medical, delivers your supplies right to your door. We fill out your claim forms and bill Medicare and your supplemental insurance company for you.
How do I enroll for diabetic testing supplies and convenient home delivery? (click for answer)
It’s simple! Call now to speak with one of our representatives 1-800-580-1871, fill out this information form, or request a telephone call from one of our specialists.
What services does Arriva Medical, an Alere company, provide? (click for answer)
Arriva Medical delivers diabetes testing supplies straight to your door by a third-party shipping vendor. We also offer personalized support, educational resources and much more, including:
- Convenient home delivery of your diabetes testing supplies- no more trips to the pharmacy in bad weather or fighting traffic.
- Friendly reminders from Arriva Medical when it is time for you to reorder your supplies- keeping your supplies in stock.
- We file your Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance plan paperwork.
- Our experienced professionals at Arriva Medical are uniquely qualified to provide you the supplies and care you need for better diabetes self managed care.
Call 1-800-580-1871 to enroll today!
Visit our Products section for a complete listing.